I've been organizing a lot of things so that I can feel back in control. I truly hate the overwhelmed feeling that I get when things are not properly managed. I started with digital-organizing (because I had to rest after our IVF) and now I'm starting to add some (light) physical work. I also keep a running list of things I want to do, because the more I organize/declutter/clean, the more spaces I find that would need some attention!
So far, here are a couple of my accomplishements:
- I completed 4 monthly LOs for 2010 (yeah, it was about time) and wrote the journaling for the whole year, I just have to add pictures and create the pages which is pretty much the fun part of the process! ;)
- I got rid of 8.5 Go of digital supplies that I downloaded twice or that weren't my styl at all. And that doesn't include unzipping the files, yet! And I'm only at letter M in my list of downloads... Yeah, I'm a digi-addict!
- I cleared my desk and shelves, filed a good chunk of documents that were waiting since 3 months in my "to file" box. I should rename it into a "To file RIGHT NOW, DON'T WAIT!!!" box, that would motivate me!
- I started to go through our PPW, especially our medical stuff that I have to check carefully to make sure we get our money back from the insurance.
- I started (this morning, that's why it isn't complete yet) to clean our kitchen's drawers and reorganized everything so that I can find what I'm looking for. Which, actually, made me realize that I have about 8 big knives that we don't use on a daily basis, I should donate them.
On that note, I'm off to put the said knives in my "to donate" spot and clean the lunch's dishes! Have a nice day!