My 2012 OLW is RESPECT. To make this OLW more concrete, I'll use Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project as inspiration and have monthly "themes". These will help me set up little, concrete resolutions. I know that when I set up big goals for the year I set myself up for failure because they are too vague, too overwhelming and hence unattainable. One thing at a time is the key to success.
- January: Respect my body, treat it well, feed it properly, take care of it.
- February: Respect my man and our couple
- March: Respect myself, learn to love myself, qualities and flaws.
- April: Respect the ones I love and our relationships, take better care of them, show the love
- May: Respect people I work with and people I don't really know too
- June: Respect our home, keep it in order, declutter
- July: Respect our possessions and money, take better care of it, find process to do so peacefully
- August: Respect my passions, practice my hobbies, learn new things
- September: Respect my time
- October: Respect the earth and our environement
- November: Respect my values, live accordingly
- December: Respect our need for traditions, create new ones
As Gretchen Rubin did in her book (which I just read during the holidays and LOVED!!), I will start in January by working on "respect my body". First, because, since I will have a FET (frozen embryo transfer) during this month, I don't know if I'll be able to do it later in the year if it works. I expect to be afraid to exercise if I get a positive test. I'll probably be a slightly bit paranoid! LOL And second because respecting my body is the foundation of all the other resolutions I will take. It's not possible to work on improving things and yourself (which might be difficult at time!) if you're always tired, feeling bad, in discomfort, etc.
My resolutions for January are:
- exercise at least 10 minutes every day (walk, video workout, stretching)
- eat at least 2 portions of fruits and 1 of veggies daily
- get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
- eat mindfully and slowly, put down my fork between bites, don't do anything else while eating
- moisturize my body daily
I will create some visual reminders, both for my January resolutions and for my OLW. I'm so excited to get started on this project that I might even not wait until January 1st! LOL