Chloé’s Ramblings

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When being a robot is good...

Sometimes, acting like a robot is good. No, I'm not only talking about some old fashion dance moves here... LOL (And I won't show you!!! ROFLOL) For chores the robot-like approach is great. I mean, if you stay a thinking human being, with things you like and other that you dislike, there are some tasks that will never get accomplished. It's sometimes necessary to "unplug" your brain, if you know what I mean, and just do it! I don't know about you, but if I'd have to wait until I "feel like" cleaning the toilet... uh, oh, that wouldn't be pretty! So when I have to do it, I just try to stop thinking and let my body work "by itself", without involving my brain in the job. It's not needed anyway! LOL

I know it's easier to say it than to do it, so here are some tips to help you:
  • put your favorite music on and focus your thoughts on the music.
  • listen to an audio book
  • chat with someone, either face to face or on the phone
  • tell your shopping list / menus to someone that can write it down for you (I love to do that with DBF). Extra bonus: 2 brains are better than one and the other person might think to something that you'd have forgotten otherwise!
Please share if you have other tips for helping get those booooooring tasks done, I'd love to know what you do!!

0 comments: