Chloé’s Ramblings

Monday, February 15, 2010

Wow!

I spent almost 2 hours talking on the phone with a WWII American veteran. It was an absolutely amazing experience. This man is 89 years old and he commanded a company that liberated the town I live in and work for. Unfortunately he got wounded in action a couple months before and was still in the hospital when his battallion fought in our town. But still, it was so touching to hear him speak of all that, and of his friends that actually were there and got wounded or captured in our city. We ended up both crying on the phone.

I feel so blessed and honored that those young men sacrificed so much to make us free. Yeah, I know, I wasn't born at that time, but without them I wouldn't be here, and neither would DBF, so even 65 years later, they have a huge impact. Bless you all.

0 comments: