Chloé’s Ramblings

Monday, April 4, 2011

Let's try to bring that poor neglected blog back to life!

Now that I'm on vacation is the perfect time, isn't it?

I've been organizing a lot of things so that I can feel back in control. I truly hate the overwhelmed feeling that I get when things are not properly managed. I started with digital-organizing (because I had to rest after our IVF) and now I'm starting to add some (light) physical work. I also keep a running list of things I want to do, because the more I organize/declutter/clean, the more spaces I find that would need some attention!

So far, here are a couple of my accomplishements:
  • I completed 4 monthly LOs for 2010 (yeah, it was about time) and wrote the journaling for the whole year, I just have to add pictures and create the pages which is pretty much the fun part of the process! ;)
  • I got rid of 8.5 Go of digital supplies that I downloaded twice or that weren't my styl at all. And that doesn't include unzipping the files, yet! And I'm only at letter M in my list of downloads... Yeah, I'm a digi-addict!
  • I cleared my desk and shelves, filed a good chunk of documents that were waiting since 3 months in my "to file" box. I should rename it into a "To file RIGHT NOW, DON'T WAIT!!!" box, that would motivate me!
  • I started to go through our PPW, especially our medical stuff that I have to check carefully to make sure we get our money back from the insurance.
  • I started (this morning, that's why it isn't complete yet) to clean our kitchen's drawers and reorganized everything so that I can find what I'm looking for. Which, actually, made me realize that I have about 8 big knives that we don't use on a daily basis, I should donate them.
I'm also in a process of getting back to my daily routines, because maintenance is tough for me, especially once I go back to normal schedule and back to work. Having simple yet effective routines help me stay on track with all those pesky little to do's that take 30 seconds to do right away, but 5 minutes to complete if you wait: washing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen after meal, cleaning the bathroom daily, etc. So far it's going ok since I'm at home all day, I can "cheat" and do things all day long, but I want to adjust and be back to a normal schedule by next week, when I'll go back to work.

On that note, I'm off to put the said knives in my "to donate" spot and clean the lunch's dishes! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Darcy@SomewhatMuddledMusings. said...

Glad you're back to blogging!!!

Unknown said...

Best of luck on reviving the blog. :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Well done on deleting all those digital files - I'm going to do my 15 mins of photo organising now then off to bed with my book