Chloé’s Ramblings

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Why I'm not a member of Pinterest

Pinterest is all the rage right now. It's a community where you can "pin" things that inspire you and follow people that have the same interests as you do (or complete opposite interests, if you want to!). Despite being pretty interested, I've never joined, for several reasons:
  1. first (and probably least importantly) because I don't like the invite system, it has a snobbish taste that isn't my type.
  2. because this site is dangerous: you can find so many fabulous stuff there that you could literally spend days surfing mindlessly. When you're as easily distracted as I am, finding a new timesucker isn't a good idea.
  3. and last because I'm already a member of a site where I can collect pieces of inspiration, label them with keywords and even publish my finds if I feel like it: vi.sualize.us. I love it and if you're interested you can find my pictures here.
Let's make it clear, I don't judge people who love pinterest, I could easily love it too, which is probably why I'm being very cautious with it. The last thing I need in my life is another time sucking hobby that will distract me of truly important things! Gotta remind myself of my 2011 word: PERSPECTIVE. And put it into action! ;)

0 comments: