In 2009, I wanted to
- Thighten my relationship with the ones I love and develop my "internal life" (creativity, personal interests, culture). I will consider this a success: I took care of my loved ones, said "I love you" to many of them for the first time, sent b'day cards and little gifts for b'days as a way to say "I'm thinking of you", I started hybrid crafting and developped new skills.
- Get to a healthy BMI, that is below 72 kg (158 lbs). Definitely not a success, but thanks to the horrible weight gain, I discovered my medical condition and got "armed" to improve my health in 2010 (new doctor, amongst other things!)
- Decide where I want my career to move forward and take at least 2 steps in that direction. I'd say a half success: I managed to learn what I DON'T want to do and that's already a big step. I also learned to take my distance and balance my personal and professionnal lives, which is a huge improvement too. Finally, I took one exam that might help me move forward if I passed it!
- Get educated about finance managing, define a budget, stick to it and adapt it to big changes in my life. Success, even though I didn't define a budget until the end of the year. 2010 will be a test year to practice my new skills! LOL
- Create order, beauty and peace in my home and be able to maintain neatness without too much effort Half success again: even though my house never was (and never will be) picture perfect, it's getting easier and easier to maintain a liveable space and the right amount of organisation.
The word/theme I picked for 2010 is PEACE, and here are my "resolutions":
- Personnal: grow, wise, serenity
- Health: feel good, feel comfortable and at peace with my body, feel healthy
- Job: peaceful relationships, distance (it's just a job!!), evolve and grow.
- Money: manage it better so that I feel "secure"
- Organisation: have a home, not just a house, and create a peaceful nest for our family
I will hence create monthly goals (or plans) to achieve those resolutions, and hopefully create the peace I'm craving for.
Here are my goals for January:
Credits: Cherry Snap by Fee Jardine, torn paper template by Steph Krush, stamped alphas by Valerie Fowler (peace) and by Michelle Coleman (various categories of goals), fonts are CK Kimono and Century Gothic.
I'll post regularly to let you know how I'm doing!
What are your resolutions/goals/theme for 2010?