Chloé’s Ramblings

Monday, September 20, 2010

The week ahead

Ugh, it's so hard ot go back to work today. The double workday (15 hours... I'm still in shock!) I had on Friday probably has to do with it, but still, knowing why doesn't help: I'm having a hard time. I have to work, and I have a lot to do, though, so I can't afford being lazy. Here's my plan for this week:
Daily tasks:
  • morning, midday and evening routine (especially the dishes!!)
  • min. 20 minutes workout
  • maintain e-mail and RSS reader to zero unread
  • catch up with TDC, SSD and other scrap site
  • 10 minutes on my happiness project
  • iron when/if I watch TV 
  • 15 minutes digi-organizing
Specific tasks:
  • Monday: pick up kitchen and rest of the house after my lazy weekend
  • Tuesday: 15 minutes PPW
  • Wednesday: filing (empty my to-file box)
  • Thursday: go to Tae Bo class (the Wednesday one is cancelled this week)
  • Friday: plan next week's menus and write down grocery shopping list
I also would like to keep working on my other blog and my "101 in 1001" project and to start studying for my exam in November... So much to do, so little time! And I find it hard to keep those "big goals" in sight when I'm struggling with the day to day to do's. The balance between the big "far away" stuff and the little daily things is hard to find, especially when I'm as busy at work as I am now. It almost looks like my work takes all my mental abilities and energy, and when I get home I feel just like sitting on the couch and doing absolutely nothing. It's energizing to accomplish things, though, I love the "I'm in control, I can do it, go me, yeah!!!" feeling I get when it's done, but getting started is reaaaaaaaaally hard! When I'm that tired, I tend to forget about the delayed gratification and only focus on the immediate inconvenience. Ok, enough rambling, back to work! ;)

0 comments: